Walk the Queen Charlotte Track and Cruise the Marlborough Sounds in 2022
Walk to the summit of Motuara Island – a Bird Sanctuary Island where Robins, Tuis, Kiwis, Kakariki and Bellbirds live. Hear the birdsong and look out for the rare South Island Saddleback as you walk along. A gem in the Marlborough Sounds. Visit Ship Cove where the explorer Captain James Cook made his home in the 1770’s and the starting point of the track. Walk 6 hours from Ship Cove to Furneaux Lodge (approx. 17km).
Walk 4 hours from Furneaux Lodge to Punga Cove, marvel at the scenery and wildlife as you walk along the second section of the track (approx. 12.7km)
Walk 8 hours from Camp Bay to Torea Bay, a challenging section of the track as you walk along ridge tops with magnificent views of Queen Charlotte and the Kenepuru Sounds (approx. 23.7km)
Walk 4 hours from Torea Bay to Mistletoe Bay, climbing to 400m to be rewarded with breathtaking views (approx. 5.6km). Then continue onto the last section of the track another 4 hours to Anakiwa, following an old bridle path that takes you through beautiful regeneration and mature native forest with Fantails, Waxeyes, Tomtits, Finches and Weka (approx. 13km)
**Affinity will meet you at the end of each walking section – No back tracking**
All walks are optional, you may wish to stay on board and relax, and there may be a shorter walk option that would suit you better – just ask! Please understand you are responsible for your own safety and actions during these unguided walks.
We find safe anchorage every night in a calm and picturesque bay, so you can enjoy a peaceful night’s rest. Hot showers to freshen and invigorate you at the end of your enjoyable days walk, your meals all prepared for you, if you are ashore at lunchtime a packaged lunch will be sent with you.You have the same cabin each night so there is no worrying about your luggage which means no heavy packs to carry as your luggage remains on-board. Prices are in New Zealand Dollars (NZD), and include:
- All home-style meals – daily continental breakfast, lunch, dinner, morning and afternoon teas, and sunset nibbles.
- All linen – including duvets and towels.
- All activities in each itinerary.
The vessel Affinity was purpose-built in Picton by Carey’s Boatyard for the type of cruising that she does. Affinity has 8 guest cabins, a comfortable lounge for dining and relaxing, and a spacious deck
- Accommodation is onboard the vessel in 8 cabins which can be configured into twin share — bed and bunk or double bed.
- If you are a sole passenger and require a cabin to yourself, our single supplement is available.
- All cruises are fully catered and all linen is supplied.
- 3 bathrooms facilities on the main deck — separate ladie's and men’s — with a good supply of hot water.
- Air conditioning for summer and central heating for winter.
- Spacious vessel both inside and out, including a comfortable lounge area.
- Lots of interesting books to read, as well as a few board games.
- Easy access both on and off the vessel, with platform steps at the stern of the vessel.
- 4-metre inflatable tender for shore excursions and for use when divers are in the water.
- Use of gumboots for on deck and going ashore.
- First aid certificates held by crew members, plus an oxygen cylinder onboard
- Vessel complies with all safety regulations and holds all appropriate licences
We are a company who have a real passion for showing people ‘Real New Zealand’. The small number of passenger’s on-board (max 16) makes for a memorable experience along with our home-style kiwi meals this really is a once in a lifetime opportunity not to be missed.
Affinity Cruises and YOU Travel Whitianga Terms & Conditions & Covid Policy apply