Discover Egypt Ancient & Modern with Viking Cruises
**Prices are in Australian Dollars - Accommodation upgrades availableExplore Egypt river cruises here**
12 Days | 11 Guided Tours | 1 Countries
Departure dates from December 2022 to December 2025
Book by 31 March 2023 unless sold out prior.
Uncover the ancient secrets of Egypt amid the welcoming culture of today. See the pyramids from astride a majestic camel. Explore the Temple of Karnak’s 136 soaring pillars. Visit Queen Nefertari’s tomb in the Valley of the Kings. Skim the waters of the Nile by traditional felucca. Enjoy the fragrances of Aswan’s spice market. Join our expert Egyptologists on a 12-day cruise tour through Egypt on board our modern Nile ships, owned and operated by Viking.
Great pyramids, magnificent cities, massive temples and a fertile agriculture all grew on the banks of the Nile River. Today, they have re-emerged from beneath desert sands to reveal the secrets of one of the world’s most advanced cultures.
Here are some of the highlights that you will see on an Egypt river cruise:
- Millennia-old treasures in Cairo’s Egyptian Museum
- The Great Pyramids of Khufu, Khafre and Menkaure
- the mighty Citadel of the Mountain
- Sprawling temples of Luxor and Karnak in Luxor
- Tombs of the Valley of the Kings
- The remarkably preserved Dendera Temple complex
- Esna’s towering Temple of Khnum
- Aswan’s Nile via felucca sail
- A Nubian home and school visit
- Horse-drawn calèche ride to Edfu’s Temple of Horus